Associated Builders and Contractors of Florida Endorses Senator Rick Scott
Senator Scott Outlines His Commitment to Keeping Florida a Pro-Business State
Tampa, FL – Today, the Associated Builders and Contractors of Florida announced their endorsement of Senator Rick Scott for re-election. ABC of Florida represents more than 2,500 general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and professional associates.
During the event, Senator Scott also discussed his focus on continuing to make sure Florida remains a pro-business state where Floridians can get a good paying job and provide for their families despite Joe Biden’s best efforts to cripple the economy with devastating inflation inducing policies.
Statement from Senator Rick Scott: “I am honored to receive the endorsement of ABC of Florida. Since my time as Governor, I have been able to work alongside ABC of Florida to improve competition and grow jobs across the state, especially in Florida’s construction industry. Growing up in public housing, I know how important a good paying job is for a family and I will always fight to make sure that Florida companies are able to thrive and grow so no Florida family has to worry about being able to put food on the table.
Right now, our country is facing skyrocketing inflation and American families are struggling, and this is all thanks to the Democrats’ reckless spending agenda and inability to focus on common sense solutions to get our country heading in the right direction. It is not sustainable, and I won’t give up until we are back on the right track.”
Statement from Tim Dornblaser, 2023 ABC of Florida Chairman of the Board: “Senator Scott has always been ready, willing, and able to work with us in Florida on behalf of an industry that employs countless Floridians in good and high paying jobs and supports the State’s economy. He continues to stand with us as we work to defend against legislative directives under the Biden Administration that openly discriminate against the Merit Shop Contractor, threaten the safety of our jobsites, and eliminate job opportunities for the 86% of the industry nationwide, and the 96% of the industry in Florida who choose not to affiliate with a Labor Organization. Therefore, the Associated Builders and Contractors of Florida is pleased to announce that we have selected to endorse Senator Scott in his re-election campaign for US Senate.”
Statement from Steve Cona III, President CEO Associated Builders and Contractors Florida Gulf Coast Chapter: “Senator Scott’s support for our industry goes beyond just policy. He recognizes the importance of workforce development and the need for a skilled and trained workforce to meet the demands of our ever-evolving industry. His commitment to education and workforce training initiatives has helped create pathways for countless individuals to embark on fulfilling careers in construction, while also ensuring that our industry remains strong and competitive.”
As U.S. Senator, Senator Scott has been fighting to keep Florida a top state to do business.
Fighting against tax increases: As Governor of Florida, Senator Scott cut taxes every single year, more than 100 times in those eight years saving Florida families and businesses more than $10 billion. As Governor, he even fought to make it harder for politicians to raise taxes and fees on families by proposing legislation that would require a 2/3 majority of the legislature to pass any increase. Not only
did it pass the legislature, but voters overwhelmingly supported it when it also passed as a constitutional amendment in 2018. Now in the Senate he is fighting to bring those same common-sense measures to Congress to help all American families. Senator Scott has never voted to raise Floridians taxes or fees and will never stop working to make sure Washington politicians don’t either.
- Fighting to pass his constitutional amendment that would require a 2/3 majority vote for any legislation that raises taxes or fees on the American people.
- Fighting to permanently extend the cap on state and local tax (SALT) deductions in Trump’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Middle-class Americans living in low-tax states should not be forced to subsidize wealthy Americans living in high-tax states.
- Fighting to pass his bill to repeal the Tax Increase on Gig Workers and Self-Employed Americans.
Putting America first: To build up the economy and create opportunities for American families, Senator Scott knows that we must bring jobs back to the United States and stop relying on foreign adversaries. Senator is fighting in the US Senate to:
- Build supply chains that rely solely on American workers and allies.
- Terminate any trade deal that takes away American jobs.
- Encourage everyone to stop buying products from China and raise up American manufacturing.
Getting Floridians back to work: Senator Scott believes that the primary way for Floridians to fulfill their American dream is for them to be able to get a good paying job. From growing up poor in public housing, he saw the importance of a job to help his mom make ends meet and provide for his siblings.
Senator Scott was the “Jobs Governor” because he was relentlessly focused on helping businesses create new jobs and expanding economic growth in Florida. While Governor, Florida businesses added over 1.7 million new jobs because of the policies he championed with the state legislature to cut taxes, reduce regulations, and created an environment where businesses could thrive. And that remains his goal while serving the people of Florida in Washington. He is fighting to stop the reckless government spending and the devastating inflation it has caused in Florida. In the US Senate, Senator Scott is:
- Fighting against the Democrat’s Green New Deal or “Green Job Killer”
- Fighting against the Democrats’ reckless spending agenda that is destroying the economy.
- Aggressively working to get his Let’s Get to Work Act passed which encourages Americans to work to return to the workforce after the Democrats insane lockdown measures.
- Fighting to pass his Unnecessary Agency Regulations Reduction Act to reduce burdensome government regulations and more efficiently dispose of outdated, duplicative or unnecessary agency regulations.
- Fighting to pass his BAD IRS Activities Act that rescinds any unobligated funding as appropriated by the Inflation Reduction Act to hire 87,000 Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agents, which would harass and audit American families and small businesses.
- Fighting to pass his Furthering Resource Exploration and Empowering (FREE) American Energy Act to expedite the federal agencies’ review process of applications for permits, waivers, licenses, or other authorizations related to energy production.