Leading Dem Senate Candidate Says Very Real Border Crisis is ‘Disinformation’
Tampa, FL – Democrats in Washington love to label facts they don’t like as disinformation. Yesterday, failed Florida Democrat Debbie Mucarsel-Powell followed the lead of her radical Democrat friends and accused Senator Rick Scott of spreading disinformation for *checks notes* saying there is a crisis at the border. She’s either not paying attention or purposefully lying to distract Floridians from the unprecedented crisis Democrats have created at the Southern border.
Here are the facts that Debbie Mucarsel-Powell has labeled disinformation:
- The amount of fentanyl seized at the Southern border has increased 480% from 2020 to 2023 and fentanyl is now the leading cause of death among American adults aged 18-45.
- More than 8.2 MILLION illegal immigrants have crossed the border since Joe Biden took office.
- More than 1.7 million illegal immigrants have evaded apprehension by Border Patrol.
- Illegal border crossings are currently surpassing 10,000 people PER DAY and 5,000 are released into the US every day. In the past 24 hours alone, more than 12,600 illegal immigrants were encountered at the Southern border.
- Less than a week ago, 10 improvised explosive devices were seized at the Southern border.
- The number of suspected terrorists encountered at the Southern border has skyrocketed since Joe Biden took office.
- The head of Border Patrol told Congress this year that DHS doesn’t have operational control of the entire Southern border.
Statement from Team Rick Scott Spokesman Jonathan Turcotte: “Much like her Democrat colleagues in Washington, Debbie Mucarsel-Powell isn’t letting the facts get in the way of her political agenda. The numbers don’t lie. Our Southern border descended into chaos the moment Joe Biden took office. And Washington Democrats continue to ignore it and attack anyone who speaks out about the border crisis. Meanwhile, Senator Rick Scott is fighting for solutions to this unprecedented crisis. He’s been to the Southern border numerous times to see this actual crisis firsthand and he’s leading the fight to get border security funding before more tax dollars are spent on foreign wars. It’s sad that Debbie Mucarsel-Powell has chosen to repeat unhinged Democrat talking points instead of putting forth solutions.”